Wednesday, June 17, 2015

an apology from the Charleston shooter


For Pastor Clementa Pinckney, Cynthia Hurd, Susie Jackson, Ethel Lance, Rev DePayne Middleton-Doctor, Tywanza Sanders, Rev Daniel Simmons Snr, Rev Sharonda Singleton, and Myra Thompson. Murdered June 17, 2015 during a prayer service at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Charleston, S.C.

9 members of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church killed June 17, 2015. Photo from christianpost.com site (no credit given there).






i just want to say

You welcomed me in
to your prayer time
let me sit
were very kind

an hour of that
was all I could take
I shot nine of you
in little time

Forgive me
I shouldn't have pretended
that prayer
mattered to me

poem by rob g



Read more.

This is a false apology poem in the style of William Carlos Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment