Wednesday, June 19, 2024

dear queer one...

Photo of a bank building in downtown Edmonton. In the bottom left corner, is the very small street preacher on his soap box. A large billboard on the side of the building proclaims, "dear queer one, I love you with a love so big that even I don't have words big enough to express it. yours truly" The billboard includes an image of the progressive pride flag - the one that has the trans and Black/POC stripes, along with the intersex symbol. Photo and artwork by rob goetze
 Something that has been very encouraging to me over the past months has been the Instagram posts by an organization for queer youth of faith, as they have a life-giving tone while avoiding sappiness.

I was inspired to create a similar image and message of my own to share with you and on social media - if you live in Edmonton you may recognize the downtown location where I took the photo that is the background, including the street preacher who believes he has good news but really doesn’t. Here it is:



Hope you are all having a great Pride month! You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment