Friday, June 21, 2024

more beauty...

 I recently attended a webinar by Egale Canada, the first of their series to increase the understanding of anti-racism, Indigenization and faith in Canada from a 2SLGBTQI context. It was very well done, with four speakers (re)introducing the Black feminist concept of intersectionality, exploring its implications, and affirming its relevance to 2SLGBTQI organizations.

As a person of faith myself, I really appreciated the important discussion, being quite aware from real life of the tensions and antagonism that can be present between queer folx and religious communities.


I also saw the following post come across my social media feed recently, and was stunned speechless.


Screenshot of post from @PropheticImagination, saying, "There is more beauty in a single trans child than in the whole of your theology."

When I first read it, I stared at my phone screen, not even having thoughts of any sort, but just looking at the words, letting them float into my brain. To be honest, on their way to my brain, the words affected my eyes which got a bit teary…

“There is more beauty in a single trans child than in the whole of your theology.”

It can also be said, “There is more beauty in a single non-binary child… more beauty in a single intersex child… more beauty in a single queer child…  than in the whole of your theology.”

And I'll add this: 

“There is more beauty in YOU as a queer person than in the whole of anyone’s -ologies. The universe leaps for joy because of you.”


Related links:

Building Bridges page at https://egale.ca/awareness/buildingbridges/

Post from https://www.instagram.com/p/C3lZ3QNuWVe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

No comments:

Post a Comment