Tuesday, September 22, 2015

[hotel 22]

I first saw this video on Richard Beck's blog (one of the few I follow regularly). It is the eloquently told story of the early hours of the morning for some of our neighbours.

Watch it and then read on.


Hotel 22 by Elizabeth Lo from Short of the Week on Vimeo.




My reaction to this video was one of horror, that some people are actually living on transit buses! And then I thought, there are people sleeping on sidewalks and in doorways... I don't feel horror at that, do I? Have I become accustomed to "sidewalk sleepers" as a normal part of reality, but "bus sleepers" are not?

Is this in some ways parallel to the way that some who are Christians find it normal to be hating entire segments of the population? I'm thinking of lgbt people and immigrants in particular... Attitudes that are not Christ-like, become accepted as normal..

No comments:

Post a Comment